Park tour qualifier No1: Wednesday 22nd February
Venue: Stevenson Park
Course Planner: Peter Newton
Start times: 5pm - 6:30pm (Course closure 7:10pm)
Directions:Western end of Gregson Avenue, Mayfield West. Parking in adjacent streets. The start is under the western most large FIG tree.
Competitors should not rely on park toilets being open
Notes from the Course Setter:
- The large baseball field is marked out of bounds. Anyone crossing this field will be disqualified.
- The path between the semi-circular fields is available as a route choice.
- Areas with lots of trees appear white on the map as Forest.
- In some parts of the map trees near a control site have been marked to assist with navigation.
- Generally, only bushy trees that could conceal a control stand have been mapped.
- Generally, residential footpath trees and electricity poles have not been mapped, except in the vicinity of a control site.
For more information of the Park Tour and the differences between it and the Summer Street Series click here
From the course setter:
Finish desk: Geoff Peel, Joy Guy, Peter Orr, David Messenger
Entry Desk: Cheryle Todkill (and for directing traffic)
Control collection: Geoff Todkill, Carolyn Rigby, Joy Guy